The Scottish Parliament’s Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform committee recently announced a call for views on the topic of a Green Recovery. In response, Climate Ready Clyde led a response, which was endorsed by Glasgow City Region’s Regional Economic Partnership, where we set out 6 calls to action in response to the Committee on Climate Change’s framework, aimed at making the Green Recovery a reality. The 6 areas were:
- Climate investments should take a portfolio approach to maximise the economic, environmental and wider resilience wins.
- The green recovery needs to be anchored in a consensual and inclusive decision-making process with the public and businesses and public sector.
- Addressing the wider resilience deficit requires stronger regulation, and more holistic approaches to environmental challenges.
- Focus investment on the people and places that are most vulnerable to climate change
- Attach clear, transparent conditions to wider economic recovery support to avoid lock in, and secure wider sustainability gains
- Review the Scottish Government’s taxes, duties and levies to create a better environment for a green recovery.
You can read the full submission here.