Our Adaptation Strategy and Action Plan
Climate Ready Clyde is developing Glasgow City Region’s first Adaptation Strategy and Action Plan. The plan is currently in draft and will be launched on 29 June 2021, ahead of COP26 in Glasgow. This page will contain all the latest information as it develops.
Climate Ready Clyde is developing Glasgow City Region’s first Climate Adaptation Strategy and Action Plan. The Strategy will seek to ensure Glasgow City Region’s economy, society and environment is not only prepared for, but continues to flourish in the face of the impacts arising from the climate crisis. In this context, the strategy will:
- outline the processes and early interventions needed to manage climate risks and realize opportunities in line with our Theory of Change
- provide a strategic framework for adaptation in and by the Glasgow City Region that fits alongside and supports key plans, policies and activities to enable delivery
- set out how we will deepen and expand collaboration and collective impact by working together and engaging, equipping and enabling citizens and organizations to play a role in realising the vision
- set out how progress in increasing climate resilience will be monitored, evaluated and learnt from to improve policies, strategies, programmes and projects.
The Strategy will be supported by an Action Plan which will contain the concrete actions being taken in the City Region between 2020 and 2025 that will move us towards our vision. The overall process is set out below:
As part of preparing the plan, a number of impact assessments will be carried out, looking at the social, economic and environmental impacts of the plan. The various versions of these will be listed here as they become available.
Strategic Environmental Assessment
As part of the preparation of the Glasgow City Region Adaptation Strategy and Action Plan, we are conducting a full Strategic Environmental Assessment. As reports are made available, they will be placed here.
- Screening Determination - Initial screening report, responses from the Consultation Authorities and our determination.
- Scoping Report
- Environmental Report and Non-Technical Summary
Social Impact Assessment
Climate Ready Clyde is clear that the Adaptation Strategy should actively seek to create a more fair, just and inclusive region as part of the adaptation process. To do this, the Climate Ready Clyde secretariat is undertaking a social impact assessment in parallel to the development of the main strategy. This is a voluntary assessment and is designed to reflect duties under the Equality Act 2010, but also to consider broader social issues associated with climate change in the Glasgow City Region.