Climate Ready Clyde blog
Our blog highlights the latest news from our Secretariat, updates on our progress in delivering the Adaptation Strategy and Action Plan, and case studies of adaptation action from across Glasgow City Region.
- The last twelve months have seen a step change for Climate Ready Clyde. In June 2021 we published the first Glasgow City Region Climate Adaptation Strategy and Action Plan. Recognised as both a national and international exemplar, the Strategy and Action Plan sets out an ambitious vision for a City Region flourishing in the future […]Read More
- We are delighted to announce new internal arrangements that elevates Climate Ready Clyde into a new phase of delivery of the Adaptation Strategy and Action Plan. As we move to a new structure over the coming months, early, interim arrangements are now in place. After four years, Prof James Curran MBE is stepping down as […]Read More
- Roddy Yarr, Assistant Director of Sustainability at University of Strathclyde and Board Member for Climate Ready Clyde outlines his thoughts on what it would look like for GCR to be flourishing in its future climate, and how the University of Strathclyde is contributing to get us there. I was recently asked what I think the […]Read More
- In our most recent Blog, Board deputy member for West Dunbartonshire Council Adam Armour-Florence, sets out his thinking on what transformational adaptation looks like to him. Transformational Adaptation In his position as the Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon said in 2015: “We are the first generation to be able to end poverty, and […]Read More
- I’m delighted to be the first poster on the Climate Ready Clyde Blog. As Head of Sustainable Engineering at Transport Scotland, I am responsible for the adaptation of Scotland’s strategic transport networks to the future changes in our climate. Transport in the Glasgow City Region is good but, as Climate Ready Clyde’s forthcoming Risk and […]Read More